There are several Employment Opportunities available at the following Clubs:
Employment Opportunity – Referee Coordinator
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, with a three (3) month probation period, with a possible extension of twelve (12) months
Hills Raiders Basketball Association (HRBA) is a community-based association that aims to promote, encourage and develop domestic and WABL competitions for those players and teams that enjoy the sport of basketball in the Shire of Mundaring and surrounds. HRBA is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Referee Coordinator to oversee and coordinator the refereeing needs of the Associations competitions.
The Referee Coordinator will report to the Referee Administrator and is expected to work closely with referees and referee coaches, in the areas of mentoring, coordinating and rostering each week to ensure development of basketball referees within the HRBA competition.
As well as having a sound knowledge of the FIBA rules, the successful applicant will demonstrate a focus on teamwork, self-motivation, initiative and model a high level of customer service. They will have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment. The position will be a part of the HRBA committee, as per HRBA current constitution. HRBA constitution is under review.
Roles and Responsibilities
Referee Recruitment, organisation and development
- Oversee referee coaches in their roles in coaching/mentoring referees
- To recruit and organise enough referees to officiate all HBRA games (2 referees per court per game)
- Ensure referees are rostered one week in advance for each competition night
- Facilitate any roster changes leading up to and including on each competition night
- Coordinate the referees for the night and ensure they understand what games they have been allocated
- Manage the assessment of referees who need signoffs for Level 1 accreditation
- Ensure referees and referee coaches are in correct uniform as outlined in the referee’s code of conduct
- Keep a log of tendencies of officials in relation to the banding and potential to increase or decrease in their band in areas such as; customer complaints, reliability, availability and professionalism.
- Assist in creating & maintaining a positive culture amongst the referees
- Ensure that referees are not rostered to referee within their own division if they are also a player (where possible)
- Direct any queries and complaints regarding games from patrons to the Games Controller
- Provide effective and friendly customer service to the patrons of HRBA
- Portray and maintain a positive attitude and demeanour whilst handling any issues that may arise
- Maintain a culture within your staffing group which encourages and fosters outstanding customer service
- Uphold the values of HRBA and Basketball WA in line with the objectives of the strategic plan.
- Deal with any unacceptable behaviour from coaches, players and spectators within the HRBA and Basketball WA guidelines.
- Understand the FIBA rules, by-laws and any variations of the rules of the competition.
- Abide by any guidelines or instructions set out by HRBA and Basketball WA.
- Report to the Referee Administrator with any referee issues that need to be addressed.
- Report, in writing, any recommendation on how to improve the standard of officiating within HRBA.
- Assist referees with incident/tribunal reports as well as any game and/or competition rulings when necessary.
- Work with and assist competition staff and other HRBA staff where necessary.
- Arrive at the venue no later than the rostered start time.
- Ensure that a pay sheet is completed that accurately reflects the amount of games each referee has officiated each night.
Mandatory Selection Criteria (competencies)
- Minimum Basketball WA Level 1 Referee Coach
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Basketball Rules and refereeing
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and have the capacity to represent Basketball WA throughout the relevant competitions
- Honest, reliable and disciplined
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Solution orientated problem solver with a proactive approach and proven initiative
- Excellent time management
- Able to work with a minimum amount of supervision
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Good understanding of the structure of the Basketball WA competitions
- Basketball WA Level 2 Referee coach (or willing to obtain in the first year of contract)
- HLTAID003 – Provide First AID
Time and Dates of Employment
Summer Domestic Competitions – October to April (18 weeks)
- Tuesday and Friday nights – 5pm to 10pm
Winter Domestic Competition – April to September (15 weeks)
- Tuesday and Friday nights – 5pm to 10pm
State Champs – November – December (3 weekends)
- Saturday and Sunday (as per BWA schedules)
WABL Competition – April to September
- Sunday (as per BWA schedules)
Referee Coordinator – $30.00 per hour each game night/day (with a minimum of 2hrs)
If interested individuals would like a confidential discussion around any aspect of the role, please contact
Hills Raiders Basketball Association – email@example.com
HRBA Referee Coordinator – Job description
Applicants must email a copy of their current CV with a covering letter (of no more than 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria (essential & desirable) from the position description, to:
Lakeside Recreation Centre – Employment Opportunities
Lakeside Recreation Centre are pleased to announce some new exciting employment opportunities within the Recreation Centre.
The positions available are:
- Junior Basketball Coordinator
- Senior Sports Coordinator
- Referee Coordinator
- Administration Assistant
Applications for all positions close 5pm Friday 28th Feb 2020
To find our more information, please see the link below:
LRC 2020 Employment Opportunities