Basketball WA is seeking a dynamic individual to be part of our team as an Event Coordinator for Competitions Team on a 2 year Contract.
The main purpose of this role is to:
*Support the quality delivery of BWA Competitions and Events.
*Develop and maintain comprehensive event plans for all BWA competitions and major events.
*Support the delivery of regional and 3×3 events.
SPECIFIC TASKS/KEY AREAS OF RESPONISIBILITY
Support BWA Competitions team to run quality events, including aspects of:
- Risk management checklists and OH&S policy adherence
- Bookings (casual staff/court/contractors)
- Comprehensive run sheets and manuals for events
Oversee the pre- and post-event de-brief of all BWA events.
Implement event strategies for specialty and community engagement rounds of BWA events.
Support the competitions team to develop new events to support the BWA Strategic Plan
Undertake administrative duties to support 3×3 and regional events:
- Compilation and dissemination of fixtures
- Preparation of documents and materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with stakeholders and event partners to deliver events
- Prepare and process team nominations for events and online registrations
- Management and recruitment of casual staff as required
Support Competitions team in delivery of SBL, WABL, State Championship, Country Championship and other Event KPI’s outlined in the Operational Plan.
Knowledge, abilities and skills required
- Demonstrated philosophy of continuous improvement
- Involvement in a sports-oriented organisation (Desirable)
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Honest, reliable and disciplined.
- Solution orientated problem solver with a proactive approach and proven initiative.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Meticulous in presentation of work with particular attention to detail.
- Excellent financial management skills with demonstrated ability to prepare budgets and manage expenditure.
- Excellent time management.
- Able to create effective processes to improve the delivery of work and efficiency of self.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Prepared to work as an integral part of a professional and dedicated team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of The Basketball Network or similar database program. (Desirable)
Applications close Friday 18 December 2020, with interviews to take place in January 2021.
Please email your CV and covering letter, Private & Confidential to email@example.com
For any questions, please contact Adam Bowler or Brent Dawkins at
Basketball WA on (08) 6272 0741
Download Position Description: Event Coordintaor Job Description