Employment Opportunity (Part Time)
WNBL – Go for 2&5 Perth Lynx – Head Coach (Position 1001-1)
An outstanding opportunity has now become available to coach the Go for 2&5 Perth Lynx Women’s National Basketball League team based in Perth, Western Australia. This senior position will be responsible for all aspects of the Go for 2 &5 Perth Lynx Program. This exciting and challenging role will involve:
- Delivering high performance outcomes for the Lynx in line with Basketball WA’s Strategic Plan.
- Performing head coaching duties with the Lynx including the development and implementation of off-season and preseason training programs.
- Appointment of appropriate assistant coaches and other support staff (after discussion with, and approval of BWA CEO).
- Setting stretch targets and driving high performance outcomes for the Lynx.
- Developing a ‘style of play’ that is unique to the Lynx and provides WA with a competitive advantage.
- Forging stronger linkage between junior and senior performance programs and the WA Institute of Sport.
- Creating and promoting a high performance culture and professional attitude in the Lynx and feeder programs.
This position is well suited to a strategic and creative thinker who is a “self starter”, has an abundance of energy and has excellent leadership and management skills. Excellent relationship building and written and oral communication skills are essential, as is the ability to produce high quality documentation and achieve desired outcomes within a specified timeframe.
Experience in coaching basketball teams at a high level is essential, preferably with extensive experience in elite coaching.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a track record of being able to attract and retain high quality players.
An appropriate remuneration package will be discussed with the preferred applicant.
A full position description is available at www.basketballwa.asn.au or may be obtained by telephoning Cassandra at Basketball WA on (08) 9284 0555.
Confidential applications may be made in word format, quoting the relevant position number and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
or marked “Confidential” and mailed to The Chief Executive Officer, Basketball WA, PO Box 185 Floreat WA 6014.
Applications Close – 12 noon Monday 25 January 2010 (Western Standard Time).