Employment Status: Casual
Basketball WA are looking to employ Venue Duty Officers for casual work at the Bendat Basketball Centre.
- Presentation and safety of the facility
- Reporting to co-workers and managers at the end of each shift with clear communication
- Assume responsibility for the facility including 8 courts, conference facility
- Front face of the Centre, greeting patrons
- Lead Emergency Response Procedures as required
- Enforcing rules of Centre ie Conditions of Entry, guidelines for court hire, etc.
- Security of building including locking and arming building.
- Customer Service- greet and serve customers.
- Complete some physical tasks, such as setting up volleyball and functions.
- Take phone calls
- Greet contractors
- Manage facility faults
- Input bookings as required in our booking system
- Take payments and complete end of day reporting
- Inspect and prepare courts for play and competitions.
- Preparing and packing down of functions
- Complete duty checklists
- Incident Reporting
- General cleaning duties
- Stock take and record keeping
- Monitor overall activity in the building at all times
- Selling Merchandise
Requirements for the role:
- Must be available Saturdays and/or Sundays (opening hours could be as early as 5:30am or as late as 1am- this is rarely the case, however.)
- Good communication skills
- Good decision making skills
- Honest, reliable and responsible
- Have own transport
- Able to work with minimal amounts of or no supervision
- Ability to follow procedures and update procedures with improvements where necessary
- Take initiative for problem solving
- Be able to undertake some physical work such as setting of volleyball courts and functions.
- Working with Children’s Check (WWC)
- First Aid Certificate
Applications should address the duties and requirements of the position and forward to: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Rachel Brooks to discuss the position on 0431 657 858 during normal business hours.