Willetton Basketball Association seeks a Full Time Talent & Coaching Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and dedicated individual who has a strong interest and the necessary skills to assist in the development of athletes and coaches at Western Australia’s premier basketball association Willetton Basketball Association Inc.
Willetton Basketball Association is located in the southern suburbs of Perth, Western Australia. A major redevelopment of our facility will be completed for the commencement of 2020 and this will provide our athletes and coaches with a modern sporting facility from which to thrive within for many years to come.
We are seeking applications from interested persons for a newly created full-time role as Talent & Coaching Manager (TCM) to join our staff team with a key focus on the development and retention of coaches and players within our high-performance programs and to grow and sustain a culture of high performance at all levels of Willetton Basketball Association.
The Talent & Coaching Manager will manage, coordinate and oversee all aspects of talent and coaching development including coach and player professional development requirements for the Willetton Basketball Association, delivering best practice and development outcomes for coaches at community, WABL and SBL level and for players at WABL level and higher.
The Talent & Coaching Manager will also look to create new revenue streams through positive coaching methods and other innovative programs to support the role.
Working closely with the WBA CEO and staff team, the role’s primary focus will be to:
• Assist both MSBL and WSBL head coaches to develop their coaching in line with the WBA coaching and development philosophy.
• Establish a high level of coaching skill and competency across WBA’s coaching environment across both domestic and representative coaches including the management of coaching accreditation of WBA coaches.
• Foster a high performance and development culture within our association.
• Manage and oversee the ongoing development of all WBA representative players involved in WBA programs.
• Manage and oversee the ongoing development and pathway of all WBA representative coaches involved in WBA programs.
• Identify and guide talent and player pathways for all WBA representative players. Support the design, implementation and delivery of recruitment (selection/transfer) and confirmation strategies, to creatively unearth and develop talent in players.
• Develop new and sustainable revenue sources from programs operating within WBA.
If interested individuals would like a confidential discussion around any aspect of the role please contact Willetton Basketball Association CEO Mark Winnett on 0428 817 993.
Applicants must email a copy of their current CV with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria (essential & desirable) from the position description, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm Friday 22nd November 2019