KidSport will make it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs through their local government.
What is the eligibility criteria?
· Applicant must be aged 5-18 years
· Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
· Applicants primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply)
· It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area
· Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club
(this may include other related costs as identified by the club)
· Maximum or up to $200 per child
· Applicants can only receive funding once per calendar year
· Fees are only for the nominated registered season
· No retrospective fees will be paid
· No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met
· An applicant can be ‘validated’ by a recognised referral agent
(e.g. school teachers, doctors, police, social workers, local area coordinators)
As this program has only recently come together there is limited information at this point in time. Please contact your local government or keep an eye out on www.basketballwa.asn.au for updated information.