Volunteers are the lifeblood of our Clubs and Associations. Therefore, a volunteer recognition program is particularly important to assist clubs to retain their Volunteers.
|Your Club Recognition program may include:
1. Volunteer appreciation day
a. International Volunteer Day – 5 December 2022 https://www.un.org/en/observances/volunteer-day
b. National Volunteer Week – 16-22 May 2022 https://www.volunteeringaustralia.org/get-involved/nvw/
2. Life membership
3. Pay or subsidise registration fees for training/courses
4. Certificates or Letters of appreciation and thanks.
5. Acknowledgement in club social media forums and newsletters.
6. Acknowledgement at committee meeting.
7. Volunteer awards presented at AGM.
8. Complimentary or discounted tickets to special events.
9. Provide discounts through Club Sponsors.
10. Make time to listen to volunteers’ ideas and concerns.
11. Sending get well and birthday cards.
12. Reimbursement of ‘out of pocket’ expenses.
13. Holding social events in honour of volunteers.
14. Fare welling people when they move away from the club.
15. Providing opportunities to meet sports people they admire.
16. Displaying photographs of volunteers in the club rooms.