The Smarter than Smoking BWA State Championships commence this weekend (Saturday 1 & Sunday 2 December) at the WA Basketball Centre with the Under 11 and Under 13 age groups.
Fixtures for the first weekend have been updated (current Thursday 29 November 4:30pm). Age groups that have changes are 11 Men Division Two, 11 Women Division Two, 13 Men Championship, 13 Men Division Two & 13 Women Division Two. Fixtures are available from www.WABL.asn.au.
Please note the following key information:
- Mouth Guards – All players in ALL AGE GROUPS, MUST wear a mouth guard when on the court. Mouth guards are not available from the venue on the day so please ensure that you bring one with you.
- Entry Fees – The entry fee for the Smarter than Smoking BWA State Championships is $6.00 per person (players & spectators). Non-playing children Under 12 are free.
- Stadium Access – Whilst there are no major events in the preinct that should cause parking congestion, please still ensure plenty of time for parking. If parking is unavailable in either of the WABC carparks, additional parking is available at the WA Athletics Stadium & Challenge Stadium.
- Fixture Changes – Please regularly check this website for any fixtures changes that may occur during the week. Whilst all changes will be communicated to clubs, we recommend checking this website throughout the week.
- Entry Time – Doors will open from 7:00am both days, for the first game at 8:00am.
- WA Basketball Centre – All games will be played at the WA Basketball Centre (201 Underwood Avenue, Floreat 6014). The stadium is located directly opposte the old Perry Lakes Athletics/Basketball stadiums.
- Photography – Please note that SLR cameras are not allowed to be used during the weekend. Professional photography is available from Aussies in Action Sports Photography. You can request your photos from the team in the foyer over the weekend and view your photos at www.aussiesinaction.com.au.
We look forward to seeing all 75 teams on the weekend and we hope that everyone has an enjoyable start to the 2012 Smarter than Smoking BWA State Championships.